Who We Are
Dr Richard Sherry has a focus on Psychological Trauma and stress related assessment and treatment. Areas including Complex Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (CPTSD); Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD); Stress and Anxiety Disorders are expertly addressed. Dr Sherry’s background and professional training is as a Consultant Chartered Clinical Psychologist, HCPC Reg., and BPS CPsychol, AFBPsS; a BPC and UKCP Reg. Psychoanalytic Psychotherapist; APECS licensed Executive Coach and full BPS Divisional Coaching Psychologist. He is a BPS Psychological Test Registered User and Test Developer. He has an Organisational Consultancy Masters (MA). He is a full member for the BPS Division of Occupational Psychology (DOP). Dr Sherry is a specialist in psychological clinical traumatology (ESTSS Certificate and an EMDR Consultant) who works with individuals and organisations.
He has run the Clinical Psychology Section for the US Military Inpatient’s Service for more than 7 years as an external consultant. He has conducted psychological and mental health reviews for the veteran service (VES) for 3 years.
Dr Sherry has a specialist post graduate training in Medical Ethics and Philosophy (DPMSA), specialising in Disaster Ethics, Dr Sherry has completed specialist training in Clinical Neuropsychology (PG Dip, Med Sci), he is a full member for the Division of Neuropsychology (DoN), he is on the Specialist Register for Clinical Neuropsychology (SRCN)(which is the highest gold standard of Clinical Neuropsychology in the UK), he holds a Clinical Fellowship for the Register of Clinical Neuropsychoanalysis. He is a Full BPS Divisional Member for Occupational Psychology (DOP). He has worked as the Associate Course Director and is the Lecturer on Complex PTSD for Confer’s Course on Psychopathology. Dr Sherry is on the BPS Board for Aviation and Aerospace Psychology. He is on the specialist Register for BPS Test Development with a specialist certificate in Forensic Psychology Testing. His company specializes in psychological treatment and psychological psychometric testing.
Dr Sherry has completed the Fellowship in Wilderness Medicine Training (FAWM) where he specialised in high trauma, low resource environments, and deep space psychology, of which Dr Sherry has a book published by Routledge (2019). Dr Sherry has a specialist training and interest in military psychology, the psychology of surgery, plastic and aesthetic surgery. He is currently the Clinical Psychologist in Residence and Fellow with the Confederation for British Surgery (CBS) where he is looking in innovating human factor and psychological interventions to improve safety and positive surgical outcome. He has specialist training and interest in medically unexplained symptoms and issues related to Neuropsychology. He also has areas of expertise including Aviation and Aerospace Psychology where he has been working to develop the field of space psychology.
Dr Sherry’s areas of medicolegal expertise cover assessment and diagnosis for general mental health and a wide spectrum of trauma and stress disorders. Reputational, bullying, harassment, and discrimination issues can be expertly examined. Accident, medicolegal, occupational, and related areas of mental health are also expertly assessed. Medicolegal assessment appointments are also internationally available via Facetime, Skype, and Zoom. Medicolegal assessment, diagnosis, report writing, as well as clinical psychological treatment for Trauma as well as a range of Clinical psychology and Neuropsychological disorders are offered. He is a Full Member of the Academy of Experts (MAE)(Number 3707) where he specialises in Clinical Psychology and Psychological Trauma.
Dr. Sherry’s qualifications include: –
- Clinical Psychologist and Counselling Psychologist (HCPC reg.) Health and Care Professionals Council, and (BPS CPsychol, AFBPsS), British Psychology Society
- Doctorate from Middlesex University specialising in Clinical Trauma Psychology
- Psychological Traumatology Expert (EMDR Consultant; ESTSS Full Member)
- Clinical Neuropsychologist (Full Divisional Member of Neuropsychology (DoN)) (Specialist Register Clinical Neuropsychology (SRCN))
- Clinical Fellowship in Clinical Neuropsychoanalysis (Register of Clinical Neurpsychoanalysis)
- Psychoanalytic Psychotherapist(BPC reg.), British Psychoanalytic Council
- Organisational Consultant, The Tavistock and Portman NHS Foundation Trust
- Organisational Psychologist (Full BPS Divisional Member of Occupational Psychology (DOP))
- Licensed Executive Coach from The Association for Professional Executive Coaching and Supervision (APECS) and (Chartered and Divisional BPS Member and on the Register of Coaching Psychologists)
- BPS Registered Chartered Aviation and Aerospace Psychologist
- Member of Academy of Experts (MAE 3707)
- Trained Ethics Expert (Post Graduate Diploma in Philosophy and Ethics, specialising in Disaster Ethics, (DPMSA), Society of Apothecaries of London
- Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing (EMDR) Consultant(Adults, Children and Adolescents)
- Advanced Integrative Therapy (AIT) Practitioner
- Certified in Hypnotherapy from London College of Clinical Hypnosis (LCCH)
- Certificate in Traumatology, European Society for Traumatic Stress Studies (ESTSS)
Dr Sherry has specialist training and skills in:
- Clinical Neuropsychology, PG Dip (Med Sci), University of Glasgow (SRCN), Full DoN Member
- Systems and Family Therapy (family systems training and an MA from the Tavistock Clinic & University of East London in Organisational Consultancy and Systemic Approaches)
- Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT) and Schema Therapy, with extensive training in CBT and Schema Therapy
- Conflict and Disaster Medicine, with one year’s training in conflict and catastrophe medicine, Society of Apothecaries
- Specialist in Disaster Ethics (DPMSA)
- Completed his Fellowship (FAWM) with the Wilderness Medical Society
- Psychology of Surgery – especially General, War, and Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Psychologist in Residence with Confederation of British Surgery (CBS)
- Deep Space Psychology – understanding high stress, low resource, and high technology hostile environments, Registered BPS Aviation and Aerospace Psychologist
Psychological Systems Ltd was established in 2012 with the aim of the company being to support the depth of emotional health and provide a complete framework for wellness. Its approach is to use state-of the art psychometric assessment, clinical psychology and psychotherapy, as well as executive & creativity coaching approaches to focus on key aspects of positive change across the areas of individual and organisational Health, Work, Love, and Play. Using a compassion focused quality of care and individualised attention, each step in the pathway of healing aims to bring peace of mind and health from world-class levels of expertise the world over to develop an understanding and deep capacity for health and flourishing in all aspects of one’s life.
We feel that human beings and the social systems that we inhabit should be meaningful and alive, as well as profoundly positive experiences of creativity and support. The social structures and the experiences that make up our lives should facilitate the formation of our unique vision of development and work synergistically together to improve our lives, leave the world better for our being here and create and bring value to our social and productive endeavours – whether they be our work, our relationships or our friendships, and social or international presence. Our focus is on strengthening and healing the vulnerabilities and helping to positively facilitate very high levels of health and performance, as well as the capacities to become a deeper human being who is then able to likewise lead and positively heal the world around them.
We see life as an adventure where our confidence should increase through taking an active role and assuming a proactive responsibility within each of our own lives, and within our relationships and the wider world.