In every aspect of our life relationships occupy incredibly special places and getting them right for more reasons than we can name. Having positive relationships are associated with the highest importance to wellbeing and across our life span relationships evolve and change where different needs and demands can significantly impact on our individual and collective life satisfaction.
I am a highly trained and experienced Chartered Consultant Clinical Psychologist registered with the British Psychological Society (BPS) and Fully Registered Clinical Psychologist with the Health Care Professions Council (HCPC). I am a fully licensed Psychoanalytic Psychotherapist, with the British Psychoanalytic Council (BPC). I work with individuals, couples and families who are experiencing difficulties in their relationships or feel affected by unresolved trauma from their past relationships or childhood which may manifest in patients shutting down emotionally, numbing/using substances, anxiety or conflict; this list is by no means exhaustive. I provide a safe sphere in which to work with my patients where my psychotherapy sessions are a very effective way to alleviate psychological pain and emotional suffering from past and present relationship trauma.
- Assessing what the core issues are in your relationship and helping treat these.
- A very effective mixture of practical as well as supportive, and insight-based interventions can be utilised for understanding whatever part of the relationship path you are on in finding, improving, getting out of a relationship.
- This includes helping with therapeutically resolving current or past relationship problems.
- Providing expertise and advice on couple relationship problems.
- Managing issues such as relationship conflict, sexual dysfunction, & anxiety.
- Addressing issues about attachment dysregulation, behavioural triggering, or other potential blockages in establishing a healthy, happy relationship.
- Help in understanding practical and insight to manage dating, steps to improve relationship success.
- Support and expertise with issues such as conception problems, infertility, or help in managing the challenges of blended families or co-parenting.
- Practical and psychological understanding into separation, divorce, infidelity, dead relationships, or starting over to find a vastly better relationship.
- Expert help in addressing issues in partner behavioural problems or addictions.
- Support in navigating ending or getting out of a difficult relationship or mourning the death of a spouse or partner, or distress or depression at feeling left or abandoned in your relationship.
- All aspects involved with finding, improving, or addressing change within a relationship can be addressed.
To help therapeutically treat relationship issues many techniques including psychotherapy, Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing (EMDR), CBT, Couples Psychotherapy, Systemic Family Psychotherapy, Hypnotherapy are all expertly utilised. They provide a lasting framework for positive change for my patients and enable them to benefit long after their therapy.
For support in addressing the conflicts a couple or family face booking a Psychotherapy session would be recommended.
Please refer to BOOK AN APPOINTMENT to choose a date and time for your session.